Healthy habits are foundation for healthy lives.Once you are healthy it’s hard to give up being so. It’s an automatic behavior that is tough to change.
Here are 5 steps to automatic fitness
- Decide what you want to change about yourself: Every human has the ability to change something about his or her life by controlling the mind which only comes with practice. For example- if you want to change your binging habit, be 100 percent convinced that you can change it.
- Cause of the habit: Once you have identified the cause of your habit you will be able to deal with it better. For example- binging throughout the day could be because of stress. So ‘stress’ is the cause. Now that you have identified stress start reasoning within your mind on how binging can lead to calorie over load and thereby affect your weight and health? So what is it that you can do to get rid of the stress levels that makes you binge? Once you are done with the reasoning, you will get a clearer picture on your areas of improvement.
- Set short term goals: It’s taken several years for you to build on your bad habits. And, it’s going to be very difficult to get rid of them instantly.Hence decide on a realistic goal that will work for you. For instance –if you take the case of binging again then you can decide to binge on nuts, seeds, fruits as and when the urge arises. At this point in time you can also question yourself if it’s emotional eating or if you are actually hungry.
- Value and appreciate every small change and don’t be disheartened with the occasional slips:Appreciate yourself as you are on your journey to improve yourself and doing your best to build on healthy habits. Occasional relapses are a part of this journeywhich is a natural phenomenon to take place …use these slip episode as a spring board of your fitness journey.
- Seek additional support if your habits are proving harder to change: One of the best ways to build your inner resilience is by looking outward for support. If you’re having trouble making these changes on your own, reach out to your friends, family, or professionals to help you achieve the so called impossible.